RE: semantics of the signature

2004-10-07 10:39:34

William Leibzon, Jim Fenton, and I all disagreed that signatures should be
removed after verification.

I note that but wonder about the reason for it.  Isn't this authentication
supposed to be valid only for transit time?  I thought a good argument was
made that this was desirable in order to loosen the requirements on both the
cryptography and message canonicalization.

Say you implement verification on your border MTA, and then some internal
MDA then alias-forwards it to an external organization. You want them to
be able to authenticate the original sender of the message.

Tony.
--
f.a.n.finch  <dot(_at_)dotat(_dot_)at>  http://dotat.at/
BAILEY: NORTH 4 OR 5 GRADUALLY BACKING WEST 3. SHOWERS. GOOD.