Re: CircleID on DomainKeys

2004-10-28 10:16:40

On Thu, 2004-10-28 at 12:18 -0400, John Dennis wrote:
Just a note of caution on that assumption, Mailman offers a fair amount
of flexibility on "content filtering", plain text to HTML conversion,
mime encapsulation, attachment stripping, etc.

True. I was at one point pondering if we should sign each MIME part
separately, so that it would survive attachment-stripping,
alternative-stripping, etc.

I suspect that the number of messages which would be lost by this
particular problem is _far_ fewer than the number which would be lost if
we don't handle the normal addition of a few lines of text though. At
this point I'm inclined to suggest that it's negligible. I would have
liked to handle it but given the resistance even to fixing the 88% case,
the 1% case isn't worth fighting over.

Besides, the _sender_ has some control over this. I'm on some lists
which do this, and I can elect not to send HTML to them, or attachments
which I know are going to get lost. So it's not a real problem as far as
I'm concerned.

--
dwmw2