Re: CircleID on DomainKeys

2004-10-28 09:19:07

On Wed, 2004-10-27 at 19:27, David Woodhouse wrote:
While I agree that the recipient _can_ make an infinite array of
modifications to the original message while still sending it onwards
with the original From: header, I wouldn't agree that the recipient
_does_ explore that infinite array very much.

Just a note of caution on that assumption, Mailman offers a fair amount
of flexibility on "content filtering", plain text to HTML conversion,
mime encapsulation, attachment stripping, etc. What goes into to ML
server may come out looking quite different. While many Mailman lists
presently eschew these features in favor of vanilla processing which
simply appends a footer the use of these advanced features is becoming
much more prevalent as list admins try to deal with mime. With greater
demand from the user base for more advanced features in the near term I
expect you'll see a lot more transformation of messages as it passes
through the list server.

--
John Dennis <jdennis(_at_)redhat(_dot_)com>