Re: simplicity, focus and adoption; what problem are we trying to solve?

2004-10-28 09:52:13

On Thu, 28 Oct 2004, David Woodhouse wrote:
I _really_ don't think that telling list admins to 'fix their list' is a
viable option.

It worked in the past with various inventions that were add-ons to the
current infrastructure, such as MIME.  You can still run mailx if you
want, and basic mail service continues to be available, but you're left
out in a lot of ways.

I don't think anyone's talking about a flag day after which lazy adopters
will just have everything stop working.