Re: MARID vs. MASS

2005-01-14 11:53:02

On Fri, 2005-01-14 at 10:49 -0800, Justin Mason wrote:
Well, FWIW, it looks like signature schemes that can't survive mailing
lists or over-aggressive munging MTAs will be in a similar boat, at least
until the servers are fixed to not break the sigs.

I don't think anyone's suggesting that we should deploy a signature
scheme which can't survive mailing lists, and then use it in a way which
assumes it _can_ survive mailing lists. If we do something which can't
survive mailing lists, it has to be a 'most recent sender' scheme. That
probably ought to be the RFC2821 sender address but looks like it'll
actually be something found by fishing in Sender: or Resent-Sender:
instead.

--
dwmw2