Re: Good as the enemy of OK

2005-01-14 12:01:07

--On Friday, January 14, 2005 4:57 PM +0000 David Woodhouse <dwmw2(_at_)infradead(_dot_)org> wrote:

Third, we could do only a single hop from one system to another. That's
what IP-based blacklists do, that's what SPF actually achieves, and
that's what CSV does. And that's what the proposed TLS-based system
would do, too.

I'm partial to this option.

However, I think we can do one step better, which is to carry the signature for each single transaction with the message. This gives a recipient more information with which to manage their black/grey/white lists.

Add a reputation system on the side (separate work item) and then we've really got something.

Jim