Re: draft-delany-nullmx-00.txt

2005-04-07 02:32:32

On Wed, 6 Apr 2005, Douglas Otis wrote:

The null mx record structured in this manner:
      *               IN      MX      0       .
may inundate root servers with lookups for addresses to ".".  This was
the reason the dot target was avoided in the CSV-CSA draft.

When I did testing with . targets on SRV records, it appeared to me that
BIND was deliberately returning NODATA instead of the negative SRV record.
Did I interpret its behaviour correctly?

Tony.
--
f.a.n.finch  <dot(_at_)dotat(_dot_)at>  http://dotat.at/
BISCAY: WEST 5 OR 6 BECOMING VARIABLE 3 OR 4. SHOWERS AT FIRST. MODERATE OR