Re: What am I missing?

2005-07-06 21:48:58

--- wayne <wayne(_at_)schlitt(_dot_)net> wrote:

with semi-colons and see what you see on the other side of dig.

Well, thanks for explaining this.  I, too, was very confused by the
apparently "invalid" syntax of yahoo's own DK records.  I figured I
was just missing something in the spec since I am *not* an expert on
DK.

I've not checked, but I'm guessing that the same issue hasn't shown up wrt SPF
records? Is that so, Wayne?

Well, it might be a good idea to determine when and why dig is
inserting these backslashes.  I dunno about Andy, but while I'm not a
DNS expert, I probably know more about DNS than 99% of the sysadmins
out there (think: MSCEs).  If it confused us, it probably will confuse
many others also.

Right. I think the best answer is to make sure that appropriate tools are
readily available to examine such records - certainly something that will be
necessary when they get their own RR.

In the meantime, it might make sense to highlight this potential for confusion
in the next specification.

Mark.