Re: DKIM: t=SecondsSince1970

2005-07-15 11:49:56

On Fri, 15 Jul 2005, wayne wrote:

In my experience with having the SPF I-D go through public reviews
from other working groups, you *will* get complaints about this.  Or,
at least, I did.  SPF has a %{t} macro variable that specifies the
time, in seconds, since 1970.  Personally, I don't like the variable at
all, but I wasn't tasked with creating a new spec, but with trying to
define SPF as it had existed for a year and a half in the wild.

And don't forget to note that %t is very much a non-crucial part of SPF
and barely used where as t tag in DKIM or META-Signatures is importent part of the core of the spec.

My recommendation:  If you can change it now, do.  It will save you
time in the long run.

This seems like good idea. Other things like that will continue to come
up so I suggest you postpone any use of DKIM (beyond internal testing
which you already done) until spec is really ready and I don't think what you have right now such a final spec or even close.

--
William Leibzon
Elan Networks