Re: DKIM: c=simple is aspirational

2005-07-17 00:45:25

--- Apparently Ned Freed <ned(_dot_)freed(_at_)mrochek(_dot_)com> wrote:

I understand the goal. The question is whether or not attempting to reach
this
secondary goal in this specific way is worth potentially damaging our ability
to reach the primary goal of this effort.

It's interesting that you couch c=simple in terms of a secondary goal. A
secondary goal to my mind is a compromise mechanism that is risky, but viable.
A primary goal is a mechanism which is not risky.

So, sure, maybe we have to start with the risky compromise to get viability,
but it's surely not a safe place to stay in for longer than is necessary.

Conversely, if the only mechanism you have, allows bits to change undetected,
are you sure that you have all the risk scenarios covered?

Mark.