Re: DKIM: c=simple is aspirational

2005-07-18 07:53:04

Ned Freed wrote:
>>For entities where the original data contains trailing whitespace,
>>the entity should be converted to quoted-printable.  For example:
>

>>  Here is a line with some extra spaces at the end  =20
>

>>And lines that start with "From " should cause the entity to
>>be CTE'ed in quoted-printable:
>

>>  From=20 here to eternity.
>

>>To avoid the potential of intermediate systems from escaping
>>the "From " by prefixing it with a ">".
>

> I am in complete agreement with all of these suggesions.

Really? Our first principle was "do no harm to existing rendering".
Changing the body in *any* way violates that. Full stop. We seriously
do not want to go there.

Reread the suggestions. Nobody is suggesting that the body content actually be changed in transit. Rather, what is being suggested is that if you're going to
use a strict canonicalization scheme it might be a good idea to initially
construct the message in a way that obviates the need for certain well known in
transit changes.

Are you suggesting these as additional caveats to section 5.2.1?

                Mike