Re: DKIM - Header Fields

2005-07-20 21:11:20

On July 20, 2005 at 17:22, "Hector Santos" wrote:

From can get changed by some remailers but its very very very rare.

No "very" I worry about,  one or more,  a non-issue <g>

Do not forget about address rewriting.  Something many MTAs do.

Again, sounding like a broken record, some of this depends on
when signing (and verification) is done.  The DKIM draft actually
makes comments that MUAs can be involved at both ends, but
comments on this list are suggesting otherwise.

I personally would like clarification on this manner, and if
DKIM is intended only for border MTAa (which I think may be
a mistake), then the spec must clearly state this and change
how MUAs are referenced.

Here I don't agree. I view mail list as intermediate processing
and email redirection agent.

Hence why these issues are discussed.  :-)

I don't think the term "redirect" is a appropriate for a list. That implies
a passthru, or relay like concept.

The EMAIL vs GROUP idea, this is only a human interpretation.  SMTP is a
direct mail concept.   The list server or list expander is what makes it a
"group" concept.

But from a direct mail standpoint, the single MTA/MTA job is complete, and
legally complete as well as terms of  "ownership" considerations.

I would tend to agree.  What list software can do is verify the DKIM
signature for each incoming message.  If verified, it can then create
a new signature for redistribution to list subscribers.

--ewh