RE: alternate key server mechanisms

2005-07-28 15:32:05

Like I said, XKMS appears to be a reasonable way to look up
keys, but its binding to DKIM is severely underspecified. ...

Actually the logical thing to do would be to have the XKMS group look at
this.

As far as the protocol goes there are slots for stating (1) the protocol
to use (2) the address to use with the protocol.

The protocol slot is simply a URI that stands for the protocol (the URN
of the RFC is the default).

The address slot is simply the selector.

Sounds good to me, for version 1.1, not to squeeze in now.

Regards,
John Levine, johnl(_at_)iecc(_dot_)com, Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet
for Dummies",
Information Superhighwayman wanna-be, http://iecc.com/johnl, Mayor