Re: IPR disclosures?

2005-08-01 05:45:13

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dave Crocker" <dhc(_at_)dcrocker(_dot_)net>
To: "Hector Santos" <hsantos(_at_)santronics(_dot_)com>; "Sam Hartman"

The technology is, how should I put it without
offending anyone?  "half-baked"

Please list the specific technical inadequacies that
prevent deployment and use.

If Thomas's posted draft DKIM verification algorithm:

http://www.imc.org/ietf-mailsig/mail-archive/msg01974.html

is the model that will fitted into the specification, it needs some work.

See my DKIM Verification Algorithm message.

http://www.imc.org/ietf-mailsig/mail-archive/msg02046.html

This should say it all.  It shows all possible outcomes of the verification.
It all needs to be satisfied because these are all the possibilities that
could occur.

I believe you might suggest the comments are "implementation" specific.

If so, I would respectfully disagree.  IMO, DKIM has very little if honoring
the OA SSP is not 100% respected.  That is not to suggest that a malicious
implementation or usage will be compliant, but highlights what are the
expectations of the system.

Dave, so please do not feel I am knocking it.  I wouldn't be looking at it
if I didn't feel it has promise and feel it does have high value.  But not
in its current state.  I believe what I stated in the message has to be
considered. Both ends of the software need to be sync.

http://www.santronics.com