Re: IPR disclosures?

2005-08-01 02:18:00

"william(at)elan" == william(at)elan net <william(_at_)elan(_dot_)net>
writes:

    william(at)elan> On Mon, 1 Aug 2005, Sam Hartman wrote:
    william(at)elan> According to IETF policies we're supposed to look
    william(at)elan> at multiple technologies and choose the one that
    william(at)elan> does not have IPR issues. Am I wrong that this
    william(at)elan> issue can be brought up at the BoF?

You can bring it up.  However if the chairs are convinced we cannot
get anywhere they may decide to note your concern and move on.

If there is no consensus at a BOF, you have a strong argument to bring
up during the WG chartering process.  I think that you could argue for
example that we should review IPR licenses before agreeing to charter
the work.