Re: Example extension action

1997-11-19 11:55:44
On Wed, 19 Nov 1997, Tomas Fasth wrote:

Tim Showalter wrote:

The only problem I can see is that in IMAP messages are essentially
immutable so that once the delivery agent had written to the message
store, it's never gonna change.

I don't regard this as a problem but a feature.
If you want to change the content of a message, including it's headers,
you have to make a copy, making your changes in that copy and store it
in the same place, probably also deleting the original message.
By being forced to do it this way, you are not breaking any cached
messages in MUAs running in disconnected mode (have those creatures
been invented yet by the way?).

Ok; it was the only worry I had about modifying headers in the filtering
agent.  I withdraw it.

--
                                           Tim Showalter
tjs(_at_)andrew(_dot_)cmu(_dot_)edu