Re: List of expected changes for sieve 05 draft

1998-11-18 15:11:29

--On Wed, Nov 18, 1998 3:32 PM -0500 in response to Tony Hansen
<tony(_at_)att(_dot_)com>:

...which also allows '["from", "rcpt"]' for more flexibility.

I'm writing this now and it occurs to me that it might be clearer if
that's "from" and "to" instead of "from" and "rcpt".

How about "mail-from" and "rcpt-to" to make them more consistent with
the smtp envelope verbs?

the entity known as Tim Showalter <tjs+(_at_)andrew(_dot_)cmu(_dot_)edu> wrote:

I don't see a lot of merit in making them similar to the SMTP verbs

well, except there is virtue in being consistent with _something_, and one
might make the point that the SMTP-savvy are going to be well-represented
among those looking at the syntax.

Still, I'd prefer 'from' and 'to' for simplicity's sake, even if it's
technically a bit less explicit. Why bother typing the extra chars, eh?

- matt <wall(_at_)cyrusoft(_dot_)com>