Re: sieve vacation draft, really

1999-02-15 18:18:22
There are two things I realized I failed to do with this vacation draft.

When I distributed the previous version, someone wanted it such that
headers could be optionally specified.  I forgot and dropped the ball on
this one.  Do folks still want that?

When I was talking about this version, I suggested adding the language
for the reply.  I withdraw my suggestion, because that data can be
encoded in the UTF-8 of the body (forgive me, I can't remember the RFC
number that published that Unicode Consortium action), and that's the
right thing anyway.  I ignored the suggestion that the charset be
specified, based on the UTF-8-for-everyone theory, but if we wanted to
suggest a way for the interpreter to massage UTF-8 into something else,
that would be different.

Other things to consider include specifying Subject values for the reply.

--
Tim Showalter <tjs+(_at_)andrew(_dot_)cmu(_dot_)edu>