Re: sieve vacation draft, really

1999-02-19 08:39:45

Michael Salmon wrote:

+----- On 18 Feb 1999 23:04:47 EST, Tim Showalter writes:
| > Date: 18 Feb 1999 22:12:43 -0500
| > From: Tim Showalter <tjs+(_at_)andrew(_dot_)cmu(_dot_)edu>

| > I have used this exact text.  It may be a little vauge, but I'm not sure
| > I can improve on it much.  If that isn't okay, please let me know.
|
| actually, I didn't use that exact text, just the parts I liked.  The
| text I added was
|
| Users can specify the subject of the reply with the ":subject"
| parameter.  If the :subject parameter is not supplied, then the
| subject is generated as follows: The subject is set to the
| characters "Re: " followed by the original subject with all
| leading occurances of the characters "Re: " stripped off.

  I have noticed that there are are number of national variants to re:
in common use, in swedish it is sv: and I think german uses av:. I think
that using re: in replies is ok although it could be a site defined
parameter but that all leading short words ending in : should be
stripped.

I don't like your idea. It was consensus in DRUMS mailing list that mail clients
must not generate anything except Re: in replies (However they are free to show
it
as sv: or whatever).

--
Regards,