Re: Discard vs. DSN

1999-03-24 07:56:10
At 02:43 PM 3/23/99 -0800, Randall Gellens wrote:
So which is it that I haven't implemented: 'discard' or 'reject'?

I think you have implemented neither discard nor reject.  Some have
stated that a discard that generates a NDN is really reject.  But
while the reject action is optional, the reason text on the reject
action is not.  The user supplied reason must appear in the NDN,
or else it is not reject.  Otherwise, the sender will just see a
generic failure to deliver system error.

Greg Sereda