Re: Discard vs. DSN

1999-03-24 20:53:45
Gregory Sereda wrote:
My preference would be stronger than SHOULD NOT but not quite
MUST NOT.  I guess that means stating the discard SHOULD NOT
generate a NDN.  Perhaps, with text stressing that the usefulness
of discard is greatly disminished by implementations that generate
a NDNs.  The developer should try very hard to implement discard
correctly.

I think there is still value in a sieve implementation that
cannot implement discard without a NDN, but users of the
implementation would just have to live with its limitations.

If discard generates NDN, I think it's a broken implementation. My
feeling is that it should be a STRONG MUST NOT generate NDN.

        Tony Hansen
        tony(_at_)att(_dot_)com