Re: draft-melnikov-sieve-imapflags-03.txt

2000-08-24 09:17:37

Cyrus Daboo wrote:

--On 08/24/00 09:54:38 -0400 Ken Murchison <ken(_at_)oceana(_dot_)com> wrote:

The upshot of this is that with only one test at the top of my script, I
can flag all of the *extremely* important messages from Tim regardless
of where they get filed/kept.  If we move the imapflags to an optional
argument, I would have to to a test for "tjs" for every fileinto/keep.

I agree with Ken on this. I think it is useful to be able to set flags
globally. I also think its useful to be able to set flags on a one-time
basis for keep and fileinto commands as well. So I would actually argue for
both forms of imapflags to be available: as a global command and as a
parameter for fileinto and keep!

Ooh, I kind of like this!  So the flags specified with :flags would be
the only ones set for that message (as opposed to the union of :flags
and the globals), correct?  What if we have some global flags set, but
want to fileinto/keep WITHOUT any flags?  Would we do this with
something like:

keep :flags [];         or
keep :flags "";         or
keep :flags "None";

Hmmm...  By allowing both types (local and global) we're kind of getting
into scopes here, is this going to get too messy?

Ken
Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127