Re: draft-segmuller-sieve-relation-01.txt

2002-05-13 16:16:26

On Mon, 2002-05-13 at 16:48, ned(_dot_)freed(_at_)mrochek(_dot_)com wrote:

2. Why is the relational-match a quoted string instead of an unquoted
token, ie:

        if header :value lt "subject" "foo" ...

I haven't read Wolfgang's document (recently, if at all), but this would
require an extension to the grammar in the base spec.

Concur. As such, I think we need to retain the quotes.

Alternatively we could have a :lt tagged argument (or even :value :lt,
but I don't really like that, and there's a SHOULD NOT against it, I
think).

My apologies if this has been shot down already.

I don't especially care as long as we don't change the underlying syntax.
OTOH, I see little difference between :value "lt" and :lt. Given that the
former is already in use, I'd suggest sticking to it.

                                Ned