Re: draft-segmuller-sieve-relation-01.txt

2002-05-15 11:02:15

Wolfgang Segmuller wrote:

I've just sent the -02 document to the drafts editor.

--On Monday, May 13, 2002 2:59 PM -0400 Ken Murchison
<ken(_at_)oceana(_dot_)com>
wrote:

3. Is specifying a :comparator for a :count match required, or should we
assume "i;ascii-numeric" if not specified otherwise (although this
contradicts the base spec?  If so, should require "relational" then
imply require "i;ascii-numeric"?

At the moment, it is not required, but since the default comparator is
i;ascii-casemap it really must be specified.

I could see changing the default comparator to i;ascii-numeric if :count is
specified.  This would modify the base specification which says that the
default comparator is i;ascii-casemap.

It would be nice if require "relational" implies require "i;ascii-numeric",
but I think that would be a tough sell since it would violate the base
specification.  Also it is possible to create a sieve script that uses
relational, but does not use i;ascii-numeric.

Agreed on all points.  Its probably best to just leave it as-is.

Ken
Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127