Re: I-D ACTION:draft-daboo-sieve-spamtest-00.txt (fwd)

2002-07-25 21:17:57

Cyrus and I had a little back and forth on this question:

What happens if a spamtest/virustest filter hits a message that has not been checked for spam/virii by the implementation? There possibly should be a code that means "untested". (For the case of implementations that implement spamtest/virustest in real time, it would be equivalent to indicate a message that can not be tested at this time for some reason.)

A couple of suggestions that Cyrus had were to use either the value 0 or some negative number (-1) as untested.

Thoughts?

        Tony

Cyrus Daboo wrote:

FYI New SIEVE draft available. This proposes a couple of new tests designed to make handling of spam and virus testing easy for end-users writing scripts. Comments appreciated...

------------ Forwarded Message -----------
Date: Wednesday, July 24, 2002 8:08 AM -0400
From: Internet-Drafts(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
To: IETF-Announce
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-daboo-sieve-spamtest-00.txt

directories.

    Title        : SIEVE spamtest and virustest Extensions
    Author(s)    : C. Daboo
    Filename    : draft-daboo-sieve-spamtest-00.txt
    Pages        : 6
    Date        : 23-Jul-02
The SIEVE [SIEVE] 'spamtest' and 'virustest' extensions permit users
to use simple, portable commands for spam and virus tests on email
messages.  Each extension provides a new test with simple semantics.
It is the responsibility of the underlying SIEVE implementation to
do the actual checks that result in values returned by the tests.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-daboo-sieve-spamtest-00.txt