Re: Variables : list : scope : system : const

2003-05-10 20:48:30

  > I'd like to focus on giving imapflags what it needs.  it's not
  > at all clear list variables are needed.

  Exactly what I have been saying over and over and over again.

so have I, I just presented three alternatives.  why didn't you help
me flesh out your favourite alternative rather than pull authority on
your least favourite?

All I see here is a proposal to add list variables. As for authority, I
normally engage in this discussion simply as an implementor and user, nothing
more. I have no more of a "vote" than anyone else.

When I talk about possible IESG reactions, I'm not talking about _my_ reaction
as an IESG member, but what I think the likely reaction of other members might
be.

                                Ned