Re: Clarification on draft-martin-managesieve-04.txt ?

2003-10-17 22:27:41

Martin,

      Recently I have given a draft on "organize extension" in imap.
      I'm new to mta-filters group. Pls correct me if I'm wrong.

      I would like to participate in managesieve too.

      2.7 LISTSCRIPTS.

      Can we have an [ script-name ] optional parameter to this
      command to list the given script-name.

Why? Getting the content of the script is what GETSCRIPT is for.

An optional argument specifying a pattern to match script names to
return would make sense. However, I don't think it is particularly
useful since it seems quite unlikely a single user will have so many
scripts that filtering the list is necessary.

      In GETSCRIPT/DELETESCRIPT, I'm not clear whether
      regular expression are entertained. Pls clarify.
      Otherwice can we have a defined keyword like ALL.

Again, why? You use LISTSCRIPT to list the scripts available, then use
GETSCRIPT to get the scripts you want. Adding facilities to GETSCRIPT
to return more than one script would require adding additional
structure to responses to delimit and identify multiple scripts.

      GETSCRIPT ALL

      DELETESCRIPT ALL

      Thoughts please.

I don't any of these changes are either necessary or useful.

                                Ned