RE: Clarification on draft-martin-managesieve-04.txt ?

2003-10-18 04:22:36

    When I gone through the draft, I co-related things with
unix commands
ls and cat.

it is better to compare the protocol to the Unix system calls:
readdir(2) and  open(2)/unlink(2).  you can't specify a
pattern to either of these, that work is left to the client
application (actually sh(1), not ls(1) or rm(1)).

        Excellent comment ! I agree.

        My only concern was that client and server systems could be
        different, ie., In between network comes into picture. The
        no. of transactions between server and client also matters.