Re: Review comments on draft-martin-managesieve-04.txt

2003-10-21 17:29:05
Hi Mark,

On Tuesday 21 October 2003 22:44, Mark E. Mallett wrote:
On Fri, Oct 17, 2003 at 09:08:41AM -0700,
ned(_dot_)freed(_at_)mrochek(_dot_)com wrote:
It was recently mentioned on the imapext list that it is time to
get the managesieve protocol spec moving forward. So I decided to
take a look at the specification as it stands. My comments are as
follows:
<snip>
A few comments:
<snip>

Thanks for your comments, but I don't think that we should talk about
new features in managesieve such as those you detailed in this thread
_now_. That opens all sorts of cans of worms as anyone tries to push
his or her pet feature.

managesieve is implemented at least in the Cyrus server suite and at
least Mulberry and KDE have client implementations for this protocol.
It's not that we start from scratch here. Some things you asked for
might be nice to have - but as an _extension_. Others, like supporting
different script languages might never be implemented. And there's
certainly no room to debate whether size literals are to be used or not
- they are already.

Marc

--
It seems that the only thing worse than being an enemy of the US is
being a close friend and ally.