RE: Relay control in SIEVE ???

2003-10-31 06:02:36

Hi Ned,

    Oops ! My assumption and understanding about sieve was
    that sieve scripts can be executed when MTA recieves a
    client request. Can't we have checks like, if the connection
    is from... Like that ? Adminstrators can enforce restrictions
    that "I don't relay even spam mails..." :)

Such checks could be added, I suppose, but they aren't there
now. Again, this just isn't what sieve is intended to be used for.

        Thanks for your comments.

        Do you suggest to have a generic mechanism ( out of sieve ) for
        "don't relay" functionality at SMTP level.

        MG