RE: Administrator Vs User SIEVE scripts

2003-11-04 12:00:44

Ned,

        Thanks for your reply.

    I assume all users can have sieve scripts to filter
their mails. In
    addition to user specific sieve scripts, administrator/system
level
    sieve script should also exist in order to override other user's
scripts.

Actually, it usually needs to be the other way around -- the
user needs the ability to override the site's filtering defaults.

        I think that that should not be the case. Because if site
decides
        to reject mails from AAA.com and if user wants to accept, I
think
        site decision should be the first.

    Does any of our SIEVE documents talk about this.

    I guess multiscript draft should capture.
    Pls clarify.

It is far from clear that we should be getting into
classification of scripts as user vs system vs domain vs
whatever. This sort of thing is always going to be highly
implementation specific.

        I agree. Thanks again.