RE: Administrator Vs User SIEVE scripts

2003-11-04 12:30:17

Ned,

      Thanks for your reply.

  I assume all users can have sieve scripts to filter
their mails. In
  addition to user specific sieve scripts, administrator/system
level
  sieve script should also exist in order to override other user's
scripts.

Actually, it usually needs to be the other way around -- the
user needs the ability to override the site's filtering defaults.

      I think that that should not be the case. Because if site
decides
      to reject mails from AAA.com and if user wants to accept, I
think
      site decision should be the first.

That's not how most of my customer's customers see it. There is far too much
ill-considered automated rejection of email that needs to be able to be able to
be overridden on a per-user basis.