Re: draft-degener-sieve-editheader-01.txt; "refuse" action

2004-01-20 13:10:52

Hi Matthew,

--On Tuesday, January 20, 2004 11:49 -0800 "Matthew Elvey (FM)" <matthew(_at_)elvey(_dot_)fastmail(_dot_)fm> wrote:

| Let's keep it simple.  Wow, I'm not aware there's good precedent for MUAs
| appending instead of prepending.  I thought they prepended, like good
| MTAs do. I'd like to see addheader put the added header at the top, where
| new headers are *supposed* to go (or so I thought), anyone have a
| compelling real case where :last is needed?

Most of the mailing list software I have come across appends List- headers rather than prepends them. Same thing for anti-spam/anti-virus warnings etc. One can argue whether those types of tools are MUAs or MTAs by some definition, but I think its reasonable that append is the default.

--
Cyrus Daboo