Re: draft-degener-sieve-editheader-01.txt; "refuse" action

2004-01-21 08:54:02

On Wed, Jan 21, 2004 at 12:27:45AM -0000, Nigel Swinson wrote:

Should we say that
[ ] the first fileinto wins, say that
[ ] any one fileinto may win (but it has to be one of
    the actual fileintos - can't have just half the
    headers or additional headers),
[ ] the last fileinto wins,
[ ] or leave it completely open?

I'd like one of the first three -- I think if it is one of the
fourth, it starts weakening the connection between message modification
and message use, and I'd like that connection to be a strong one.

Well action-as-you-go implementations are going to vote for 1,
actions-all-at-the-end impelmentations are going to vote for 3, and I
think we need to make it equally feasable to implement either way
which means I think we have to have either option 2 or 4.  So that
makes me vote for option 2?

That seems logical.

mm