Re: draft-elvey-refuse-sieve-02.txt; http://wiki.fastmail.fm/wiki/index.php/SieveExtensionsSupportMatrix

2004-08-10 08:11:12

Hi Matthew,

--On Monday, August 09, 2004 10:46 PM -0700 Matthew Elvey <matthew(_at_)elvey(_dot_)com> wrote:

1) Belatedly announcing, in case folks missed it:
    http://www1.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-elvey-refuse-sieve-02.txt

    Last discussion post on 'refuse' was my post on 6/8/04.
    I believe 'refuse' is ready for last call.

There was some discussion at the lunch BOF last week about the utility of refuse. There was general consensus among the participants that it would be better to extend reject to allow for SMTP refusal and DSN generation rather than add a new command. Personally I prefer that approach - but the issue needs more discussion on the list.

We've probably been over this before, but can you explain in detail why you think a new command is better than extending the behaviour of reject?

2) http://wiki.fastmail.fm/wiki/index.php/SieveExtensionsSupportMatrix
might make a good addition to http://cyrusoft.com/sieve/.

I am planning on several updates to our webpage and will add a link to your page at the same time.

--
Cyrus Daboo