Re: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-sieve-imapflags-00.txt

2005-02-09 07:03:31

Kjetil Torgrim Homme wrote:

On Wed, 2005-02-09 at 11:35 +0000, Alexey Melnikov wrote:
Kjetil Torgrim Homme wrote:
the default comparator is always "i;ascii-casemap", so it can be omitted
from the examples.

"i;ascii-casemap" is not used in examples, it is used in the
Implementation Notes section, where it is required.
I don't think so.

RFC 3028, 2.7.3.   Comparators
  [...]
  All implementations MUST support the "i;octet" comparator (simply
  compares octets) and the "i;ascii-casemap" comparator (which treats
  uppercase and lowercase characters in the ASCII subset of UTF-8 as
  the same).  If left unspecified, the default is "i;ascii-casemap".
Fine :-). I certainly didn't remember this, so I don't think it hurts to be explicit.

Alexey