Re: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-sieve-imapflags-00.txt

2005-02-09 14:14:03

On Wed, 2005-02-09 at 18:55 +0000, Alexey Melnikov wrote:
Mark E. Mallett wrote:
4.  Test hasflag

I'm having a hard time understanding what this test does in other than
simple cases.

  > The "hasflag" test evaluates to true if any of the variables matches any
  > flag name.

Does this mean "contains any of the flags listed in list-of-flags" ?
or "contains all of the flags listed in list-of-flags"?
or "matches (according to match-type) the concatenation of flags
contained in all of the list-of-flags strings, subject to canonical
re-ordering"?

"any flag name" means the first choice.

yes, this is in line with the behaviour of other tests, e.g.

  address :localpart ["To", "Cc"] ["kjetilho", "alexey"]

Does each string in "list-of-flags" contain exactly one flag, or can
each string be a list of flags as in other usage?

The intention was to have the former. I will try to clarify.

if so, '[ "A B" ]' must be handled differently from '"A B"', which seems
to be in conflict with RFC 3028.  see section 2.4.2.1:

   Conversely, in any case where a list of strings is appropriate, a
   single string is allowed without being a member of a list: it is
   equivalent to a list with a single member.  This means that the test
   `exists "To"' is equivalent to the test `exists ["To"]'.

--
Kjetil T.