Re: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-sieve-imapflags-00.txt

2005-02-11 03:42:03

Mark E. Mallett wrote:

On Wed, Feb 09, 2005 at 06:55:14PM +0000, Alexey Melnikov wrote:
Mark E. Mallett wrote:
10. Extended example

> elsif anyof (not address :all :contains
>                ["To", "Cc"] "me(_at_)company(_dot_)com",
>              header :matches "subject"
>                ["*make*money*fast*", "*university*dipl*mas*"])
>         {
>         remove "MyFlags" "\\Flagged";
>         # If message header does not contain my address,
>         # it's from a list.
>         fileinto :flags "${MyFlags}" "spam";   # move to "spam" folder
>         }
> else
>         {
>         # Move all other (non-company) mail to "personal"
>         # folder.

My eyes may be glazing over, but have we really established
"non-company" mail at this point?  One of the ways we get here
is if "to" or "cc" contain "me(_at_)company(_dot_)com"
Everything which is not from the known mailing lists, non-company related (not sent/addressed by/to people from the company) and addressed to me goes to "personal".

The point is that I don't think that's true where that comment says
it is.  When you get to that point, you can have the "To" or "Cc"
field containing "me(_at_)company(_dot_)com" which seems to indicate a
company-related message.
Right, we are actually talking about the same thing :-).
When we get to this branch, it means that a message was sent by somebody outside of the company.
I called this "personal" mail.

So yes, the comment should be updated.

Is my mental interpreter failing?
No, I needed to reboot mine :-).