Re: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-sieve-imapflags-00.txt

2005-02-11 06:50:45

On Fri, 2005-02-11 at 00:03 +0000, Alexey Melnikov wrote:
Kjetil Torgrim Homme wrote:
Does each string in "list-of-flags" contain exactly one flag, or can
each string be a list of flags as in other usage?

The intention was to have the former. I will try to clarify.

if so, '[ "A B" ]' must be handled differently from '"A B"', which seems
to be in conflict with RFC 3028.  see section 2.4.2.1:

You assume that a list-of-flags = ["A", "B"] is the same as ["A B"]. I
originally didn't make such assumption, but I might be convinced that
this is the right thing to do.

I'm not sure I do.  what is clear:  the argument is a list of strings.
according to 3028, a list containing only one string may omit the
brackets.  in other words,
["A B"] MUST be the same as "A B".  whether this is the same as ["A",
"B"] is a matter open for debate, but your draft currently say that they
are:

   hasflag :is "MyFlags" "b A"
   [...] can be also written as
   hasflag "MyFlags" ["b","A"]