Re: NULL vs. ""

2005-05-30 08:42:37

On Mon, 2005-05-30 at 14:31 +0100, Nigel Swinson wrote:
The discussion reminds me of when I was trying to write gui to say "when
header X is empty" [...] I eventually ended up with:

if not header :regex "Cc" "."    // If there is no Cc header that contains
any character

Which felt pretty clumsy for what seems to be a pretty obvious use for
Sieve.

can you expound a little on this obvious use?  I don't see the use case,
myself, and am therefore skeptical to the need for a new reserved word
NULL.
--
Kjetil T.