Re: Stripping leading/trailing spaces in relational draft

2005-10-03 03:45:34

(looks like Alexey hit the "reply" button rather than "reply all".)

On Sun, 2005-10-02 at 21:18 +0100, Alexey Melnikov wrote:
Kjetil Torgrim Homme wrote:
On Tue, 2005-09-27 at 13:31 -0700, Ned Freed wrote:
I'm in favor of the behavior being consistent across all tests. If it isn't
we now hove to specify this obscure bit of behavior for every future
extension that introduces a test. Not good IMO.

I agree.

I agree with Ned's statement, however this doesn't answer my question:
do you want to always strip leading/trailing spaces for all tests or not?

I do not particularily like the stripping, and ideally I think [ACAP]
should have specified that i;ascii-numeric ignores leading whitespace.
one alternative way back then would have been to register a new
comparator which handles true numbers (ie. negative numbers and possibly
even decimals) where leading whitespace is disregarded.

however, can we change [RELATIONAL] in such a backwards compatibility
breaking manner?
--
Kjetil T.