Re: Stripping leading/trailing spaces in relational draft

2005-10-05 05:39:38

On Wed, Oct 05, 2005 at 12:10:18PM +0100, Alexey Melnikov wrote:

Kjetil Torgrim Homme wrote:
we would need to come up with a more precise name for the match-type.

if envelope :all :full "lt" "from" "kjetilho(_at_)example(_dot_)com" ...

what is :all and what is :full?  two alternative names are ":verbatim"
and ":compare".

Sounds much better indeed.

adding a match-type means we would need a new name for the extension, or
perhaps a separate document for it.

Right. If anybody want to pursue that that will be fine with me.

Now that we do have a route to extend relational, should the need
ever arise in reality, plus a workaround that looks like it suffices,
I guess indeed you are right:

It seems that the consensus is to keep the current behavior.

I agree.

Kjetil, can I ask you to add your example how to work-around this issue
to the "variables" draft.
After that I will tell Scott that the document is ready for IESG.

Stop! :)

There is still the yet unanswered question if leading or trailing white
space on the right side is an error, as it could never be matched by
any argument on the left side and is likely a mistake.

Michael