Re: Stripping leading/trailing spaces in relational draft

2005-10-04 06:37:48

On Mon, Oct 03, 2005 at 12:17:39PM +0200, Kjetil Torgrim Homme wrote:
I do not particularily like the stripping, and ideally I think [ACAP]
should have specified that i;ascii-numeric ignores leading whitespace.
one alternative way back then would have been to register a new
comparator which handles true numbers (ie. negative numbers and possibly
even decimals) where leading whitespace is disregarded.

I agree that a new comparator and relational keeping white space would
be best, but I am afraid we are a minority on that issue.

The ease of a new option like ":full" for keeping white space makes me
think "bloat", but unfortunately it does add what we ask for without
breaking anything.

Michael