Re: Stripping leading/trailing spaces in relational draft

2005-10-04 07:55:56

On Tue, 2005-10-04 at 15:24 +0200, Michael Haardt wrote:
The ease of a new option like ":full" for keeping white space makes me
think "bloat", but unfortunately it does add what we ask for without
breaking anything.

we would need to come up with a more precise name for the match-type.

  if envelope :all :full "lt" "from" "kjetilho(_at_)example(_dot_)com" ...

what is :all and what is :full?  two alternative names are ":verbatim"
and ":compare".

adding a match-type means we would need a new name for the extension, or
perhaps a separate document for it.  I'm not sure it's worthwhile, as
there is a known workaround for the stripping in the variables case
(prefix both values with non-space) and in the header case I doubt any
script will care.
--
Kjetil T.