Re: Updated Sieve notification draft

2005-10-04 06:34:58

On Sun, Oct 02, 2005 at 10:01:03PM +0100, Alexey Melnikov wrote:
and syntactically checking the URL, generating an error on bad syntax.

I am fine with this part. I've added to 3.1:

   If the :method tag contains a supported URI schema, then the URI MUST
   be checked for validity. An invalid URI syntax or an unsupported URI
   extension MUST cause an error.

I suggest "syntactic validity" instead of "validity" and I would add

"Semantic errors MAY cause an error".

Foreign phone numbers are syntactically fine, but may not be allowed as
SMS targets by a site.  I think such a configuration should be allowed
to generate an error.  Most sites can not check if a phone number exists,
thus being unable to generate an error.  Hence MAY.

Michael