Re: Updated Sieve notification draft

2005-10-14 07:11:15

Michael Haardt wrote:

And later:
  If the :method tag contains a supported URI schema, then the URI MUST
  be checked for syntactic validity. An invalid URI syntax or an
  unsupported URI extension MUST cause an error.

May I add:

A semantically invalid URI may cause an error?

That would allow me to cause errors for phone numbers my implementation
knows to be crap, although they are syntactically valid.
How about the following:

   An implementation MAY enforce
   other semantical restrictions on URIs, for example an SMS URI can only
   contain phone numbers in a particular geographical reason. Violation
   of such semantical restrictions MUST also cause an error.