Re: Updated Sieve notification draft

2005-10-16 11:01:46

Michael Haardt wrote:

  If an URI schema is specified that the implementation does not
  support, the notification MUST be ignored.

I still do not particularly like that, but if it is required by
technical reasons, I can live with it.  To me, it is odd if a
typo in the URI scheme is ignored, but typos later on cause errors.

You have a point: it is not possible to distinguish a mistyped URI schema name from an unsupported URI type.

The case I had in mind is as follows: The notification URI is stored elsewhere (as an LDAP attribute or an IMAP annotation) and Sieve scripts uses Sieve variables extension to specify the notification method. Is it desirable for an unrecognized notification method to cause runtime error? I am open to suggestions.

Alexey