Re: Updated Sieve notification draft

2005-10-14 08:00:35

Michael Haardt wrote:

On Thu, Oct 13, 2005 at 11:31:20PM +0100, Alexey Melnikov wrote:
I think the best we can do is to say that a notification mechanism specified how characters that can't be represented by the notification method must be handled handled.

How about:

The implementation of a notification mechanism may modify the
final message, e.g. truncating it, if it exceeds a length limit,
or modify characters that can not be represented in the
target character set.  The implementation SHOULD keep such
modifications to a minimum.
My current text is:
   The notification method must also specified how Unicode
   characters that that can't be represented by the notification method
   are to be handled. Notification methods MUST be able to represent any
   US-ASCII character with exception of control characters.

Should I just replace it with what you've suggested, or do people feel that the last sentence is appropriate?