Re: draft-ietf-sieve-variables-07

2006-01-10 10:38:25

I would therefore suggest an extension specifying an "environment" test as a
better approach. I suspect we can come up with half a dozen things such a
test
could operate on.

I like this a lot.  I was struggling to articulate why I didn't like what was
being proposed, but this sounds very extensible.  I already have a
CSieveRunTimeEnvironment class in my solution and was already wanting to make
more information available to the script.

I'm curious as to what sorts of things you have in this class. The things I
immediately see as useful are the server name, the place in the process where
the script is executing, and information relating to whether or not this script
is executing standalone or has been called in some way from another script.

I also agree that this should be an additional extension, primarily so it
doesn't hold up variables, and secondarily cos I don't think it "needs" to be
part of the base variables spec.

Complete agreement here.

                                Ned