Re: draft-ietf-sieve-variables-07

2006-01-10 16:57:34

On Tue, 2006-01-10 at 09:07 -0800, Ned Freed wrote:
I would therefore suggest an extension specifying an "environment" test
as a
better approach. I suspect we can come up with half a dozen things such a
test
could operate on.
[...]
I'm curious as to what sorts of things you have in this class. The things I
immediately see as useful are the server name, the place in the process where
the script is executing, and information relating to whether or not this
script
is executing standalone or has been called in some way from another script.

I'm also in favour of an "environment" extension rather than adding this
to variables.

in addition to server name, some identification for the site would be
useful, at least if the provider chooses to expose internal architecture
to end users (which we do).  other operational limits might be useful,
too, e.g. max size for messages, remaining quota (dynamic, so maybe not
appropriate), stuff like that.
--
Kjetil T.